New York Times
An academic site license with the New York Times provides direct access to nytimes.com, as regular subscribers experience it, via IP range and proxy (other access options are available as well). Site licenses also include faculty-generated teaching tools designed for colleges and universities.
Unique features of the site license program:
1. All-digital access to nytimes.com, from 1851 to right now*, including:
o World-class curation that fosters engagement and exploration.
2. Personalized access to The Times:
o Mobile Apps for phones and tablets.
o Cross-platform save; any article you save on nytimes.com is easily accessible from any device.
o Article recommendations based on topics you most commonly read about.
3. The New York Times InEducation: Faculty-generated course material to help professors easily integrate The Times into their curriculum.
4. New York Times colleagues who will collaborate with students, staff and faculty to maximize awareness of this partnership.
Nytimes.com sections that are popular with higher education students and faculty:
1. The Learning Network - fresh classroom resources — from lesson plans and writing prompts to news quizzes, student contests and more — all based on the articles, essays, images, videos and graphics published on nytimes.com
2. The Upshot - this team takes on major issues through data visualization and data analysis.
3. The Interpreter - this column explores the ideas and context behind major world events.
4. Education Life - covers colleges and universities, teachers, public and private schools, tuition, scholarships, financial aid & student loans.
5. On Campus - features personal essays and art by college students, professors, and administrators on issues affecting higher education and university life.
6. Dealbook - Financial news, edited by Andrew Ross Sorkin.
7. Entrepreneurship - coverage of startups and small businesses.
8. ScienceTake - combines cutting-edge research from the world of science with stunning footage of the natural world in action.
9. Lens - our photography blog.
10. The Daily 360 - immersive, 360º videos from around the globe.
- *Note: For articles from 1923-1980, each individual user is limited to 5 articles per day, due to a copyright ruling.
† The offers and trials information are password protected. Actual prices are confidential between the vendor and the consortium.
For access contact James Wiser, Library Consortium Director, 916.800.2175.